| Activity Badge/Adventure Pin Counselor
An Activity Badge or Adventure Pin Counselor is an adult who works with Webelos Scouts on a particular Adventure Pin or Activity Badge.
The counselor for Activity Badges or Adventure Pins may be an adult family member of a Webelos Scout, a pack leader, a teacher, a coach, or another adult qualified to teach one or more of the related subjects to Webelos Scouts. This is usually a temporary position and is not a registered BSA position.
The Activity Badge/Adventure Pin counselor's responsibilities are to:
- Provide instruction related to the requirements at Webelos den meetings, as requested by the Webelos den leader. This could include, for instance, providing resources and instruction on model building, leading field trips, or providing instruction and help on collections and specimens, depending on the requirements. The service usually extends over three or four den meetings for each award.
- Be familiar with the Webelos Scout Book in presenting related information and approving requirements.
- Help Webelos Scouts gain self-confidence in completing projects and in dealing with adults.
- Follow the Webelos den time schedule for award instruction.
- Help recruit other Activity Badge/Adventure Pin counselors.