|Beekeeping merit badge
|| BSA Advancement ID:
|| Bee Keeping
|| Replaced by:
Beekeeping merit badge replaced Bee Keeping in 1956, and was discontinued in 1995.
- Study a hive of bees. Remove the combs. Find the queen. Figure the amount of the brood, number of queen cells. figure the amount of honey in the hive.
- Show the differences among the drones, workers, eggs, larvas, and pupae at different stages. Tell the differences among honey, wax, pollen, and propolis. Tell how bees make honey. Tell where wax comes from. Explain the part played in the life of the hive by the queen, the drones and the workers.
- Hive a swarm or divide at least one colony. Explain how a hive is made.
- Put foundations in sections or frames. Fill supers with frames or sections. Take off filled frames or sections. Take off filled supers from the hive. Fix the honey for market.
- Write in not more than 200 words how and why the honeybee is used in pollinating farm crops. Name five crops in your area pollinated by honeybees.
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
- The design of the patch has changed four times - with a different version of the bee each time.