|Bookbinding merit badge
|| BSA Advancement ID:
|| new in 1927
|| Replaced by:
|| Graphic Arts
Bookbinding requirements at discontinuation
- Briefly describe the two principal sewing methods of binding or rebinding books by hand; tell when each should be used.
- Make a scrapbook using binder's board and book cloth or a worthy substitute.
- Rebind a book of four or more issues of a magazine, using binder's board and book cloth.
- Do ONE of the following:
- (a) Visit a bindery and make an oral report to your counselor on the observed method of binding a book, pamphlet or magazine.
- (b) Write an article of at least 200 words on bookbinding as a career.
The text of these requirements may be locked. In that case, they can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
- Bookbinding merit badge had two designs: one with a bookmark and one without.