Cub Scout Bowling Belt Loop & Pin resources include the Cub Scout Bowling Worksheet
with cross-references for related Cub Scout Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos requirements. Cub Scout Bowling is great if you know how to bowl or want to learn! ◄ Prev - Next ►
|| The Cub Scout Bowling Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Sportsman activity badge.
Belt Loop and Pin
Bowling Sports Belt Loop
Bowling Sports Pin(line drawing, actual pins are color)
The Cub Scout Bowling belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program.
Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Cub Scout Bowling requirements
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain to your leader or adult partner the rules of courtesy and safety for bowling.
- Show how to pick out a ball of proper weight and with finger holes that fit your hand.
- Play a complete game with your family or den.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Bowling belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Give a brief history of the sport of bowling.
- Define the following terms: strike, spare, split, miss, and foul. Show their symbols for scoring.
- Demonstrate proper stance, delivery, balance, and follow-through to your leader or adult partner.
- Try different types of delivery and hand positions and see which work best for you.
- Score a complete game using a score sheet and the proper symbols.
- Play at least four games and chart your progress. Figure out your average score.
- Compete in a Scout, family, school, or community bowling tournament.
- Take bowling lessons.
- Attend a parent, high school, college, or professional bowling competition.
- Visit a bowling alley and learn about the care and maintenance of the bowling lanes, pins, and racks.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply No. 33216 - SKU# 620714)
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
- Wolf Cub Scout
- 20g. Cub Scout Bowling is an individual sport for Wolf Arrow Point Trail requirement 20
- Bear Cub Scout
- 23b. Cub Scout Bowling is an individual sport for Bear requirement 23.
- Webelos Scout
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3. (earn the Cub Scout Bowling Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)
Sports and Fitness Awards