Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain to your leader or adult partner the rules of courtesy and safety for bowling.
- Show how to pick out a ball of proper weight and with finger holes that fit your hand.
- Play a complete game with your family or den.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Bowling belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Give a brief history of the sport of bowling.
- Define the following terms: strike, spare, split, miss, and foul. Show their symbols for scoring.
- Demonstrate proper stance, delivery, balance, and follow-through to your leader or adult partner.
- Try different types of delivery and hand positions and see which work best for you.
- Score a complete game using a score sheet and the proper symbols.
- Play at least four games and chart your progress. Figure out your average score.
- Compete in a Scout, family, school, or community bowling tournament.
- Take bowling lessons.
- Attend a parent, high school, college, or professional bowling competition.
- Visit a bowling alley and learn about the care and maintenance of the bowling lanes, pins, and racks.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2017 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #637685)
The text of these requirements may be locked. In that case, they can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.