◄ Back to Current events
- 1 December 17,2007
- 2 October 7, 2007
- 3 October 2, 2007
- 4 September 13, 2007
- 5 September 11, 2007
- 6 September 7, 2007
- 7 September 2, 2007
- 8 August 30, 2007
- 9 July 25, 2007
- 10 June 1, 2007
- 11 May 20, 2007
- 12 May 2, 2007
- 13 April 12, 2007
- 14 April 11, 2007
- 15 April 8, 2007
Base Address Change
- The new base address is http://meritbadge.org/
- The former base address ( http://meritbadge.org/wiki/ ) no longer works.
October 7, 2007
MeritBadgeDotOrg:Usage standards policy
- The Usage standards policy has changed. Please take a look. Make any recommendations over on the talk page. Thanks. --RWSmith (Sysop), 12:33, October 7, 2007 (EDT)
October 2, 2007
- I have recently been porting several of the newer(?) Wikipedia-style templates over here, with the hope that soon, we'll have our own functioning Template documentation templates, Article message box templates, and such. (See the recent changes page.) So, far, it's just a big mess. (We could really use some "template expert" help.) Plus, I haven't bothered putting the Workpage teamplate at the top of these templates because they all interact so much with each other.
- The new MeritBadgeDotOrg:Collaborations page is nearly ready. This is where we can collaborate to get more, better editing accomplished by working togther. We still need to get the to-do page and some templates working though. Check it out.
- There is also a new project page called MeritBadgeDotOrg:Jump pages. I hope we can get it to look like and work like Wikipedia's Portals
September 13, 2007
Help search for Steve Fossett
- This is from the BSA website... (Thanks to Wagionvigil, by the way.)
- "Help Search for Fossett from Your Computer"
- You can join the search for NESA President Steve Fossett by using your computer to study recent satellite images of the area where the adventurer disappeared September 3. To sign up to help, visit http://www.mturk.com and follow the instructions and text link near the top of the page. The site requests volunteers age 18 or older.
- After registering, the Web site will assign you an image of a 278-foot-square section of the 6,000 square miles being searched in Nevada. After studying the image, you simply click "yes" or "no" as to whether there is any sign of Fossett's airplane that might warrant further investigation in that section. Anything larger than two or three feet will appear in the image, and instructions and examples help you better determine what you are viewing. The flagged images are passed to the search team coordinating the flights over the area.
September 11, 2007
- Let's all remember, reverently... today. (The U.S. Flag is to been flown at half-staff.)
September 7, 2007
- We're back!!! (From my cell.) --RWSmith (Sysop), 12:44, September 7, 2007 (EDT)
September 2, 2007
- Hey, folks... We are aware that MeritBadge.Net went down today and we are working to rectify the problem. Thanks, --RWSmith (Sysop), 22:43, September 3, 2007 (EDT)
August 30, 2007
- Notice: Hey everbody! Well, as you probably already know, the message boards (a.k.a., forums) over on MeritBadge.Net have crashed--again. We're looking for a suitable replacement hamster (who runs on the wheel inside the server's computer and makes the internet go) to replace the one that quit on us yesterday morning. (I guess we should have given him that pay raise he asked for last month.) --RWSmith (Sysop), 08:30, August 30, 2007 (EDT)
- Well, Optimist found a new hamster... So, MeritBadge.Net is back online! --RWSmith (Sysop), 18:08, August 30, 2007 (EDT)
July 25, 2007
- A new template for stubs has been added for editors/contributors.
June 1, 2007
<<< NEWS FLASH! >>>
- The current Boy Scout Requirements book (BSA No. 33215) has been put up on National's website!!!
May 20, 2007
MyScouting Portal Update
- Still nothing... But, we'll keep checking.
May 2, 2007
MyScouting Portal Update
- Nothing, yet... But, we'll keep checking.
Discussion: Should the Main Page be protected?
- Your input would be appreciated at Talk:Main Page.
April 12, 2007
- Yakatz has already started putting up Userboxes!
April 11, 2007
"Things to do..." section added to Community Portal
- Want to help out? Check out the new "Things to do..." section in the Community portal!
April 8, 2007
MyScouting Web Portal
- Coming in late Spring, 2007, My Scouting will be a portal for our members that will provide access to the following resources:
Tour Permit Applications
- Members will be able to apply for tour permits via an online system that will completely automate the approval process and provide for prompt electronic delivery of approved permits.
- The E-Learning Course Management System provides a selection of courses that may be taken for credit by our members. Currently a separate system, e-learning will be integrated into each member's portal account.
- Members will have direct access to their data in our information systems, enabling them to update or make corrections at any time to keep our records accurate across all systems.
... And More!
- After the initial launch of the "My Scouting" portal, we will continue to work on additional applications and services that will support and enhance our members as they administer and experience the Scouting program.