- Citizenship page added - one of the three aims of Scouting with links to citizenship awards.
- Troop Program Features Monthly themes added with meeting and activity plans and merit badge links
- Swimming Skills - with video lessons and links for strokes and lifesaving
- Den Leader Getting Started Guide with the meeting plans and resources you need
- Religious Emblems now has photos to show how to wear the devices on the youth knot and a chart of two of the most popular programs
- National Summertime Award now has a chart showing the new pins for each level and when they can be earned. Dozens of activity ideas were added.
- Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award now has great Requirement Resources and dozens of related award links.
- Whittling Chip now has a chart to show that Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts can earn this award. Training curriculum and links are provided.
- Worksheets link on the main sidebar menu guides you to worksheets for the Cub Scout Belt Loops and Pins, Webelos Activity Badge Worksheets and the Boy Scout Merit Badge Worksheets.
- First Aid Skills are the first aid resources you need for over 40 ranks and badges. Videos show you key skills.
- Advancement Campouts are vital to the success of new Scouts.
- Scout Skills outlines skills needed for Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class with resources and links.
- Merit Badge Day tell about the great events and how good they can be.
- This is Scouting has replaced New Leader Essentials.
- Courts of Honor Sample Word DOC files script and program you can edit.
- Philmont Scout Ranch article created with Philmont Training Center information created
- Age-Appropriate Guidelines article created
- Accident & Sickness Insurance Plan article created
- Popcorn has tips for selling popcorn and and why popcorn is so important for every Scout and unit.
- Individual Youth Accounts article created to accompany the new Fundraising article
New and revised pages include:
- New interactive Advancement report added
- Fundraising with the Unit Money Raising form
- Good Turn for America with program details and links
- University of Scouting - MeritBadge.Org is your online University of Scouting with 72 great topics!
- Lion Cub Scouts The Lion Cub Scouts is a new pilot Cub Scout program for boys age 5 or in Kindergarten and their adult partners in the Northern Star Council.
- Exploring became Venturing on August 1, 1998. The term Exploring now refers to a Learning for Life Program.
- Recruiting offers 30 great resources to help you. Shows why your Spring Roundup is as important as your fall roundup. Covers Planning to Follow-up.
- Scout Cheers, Scout Songs, and Scout Skits are a great way to involve everyone in a meeting or campfire.
- Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills also known as Scoutmaster Outdoor.
- New Leader Training is comprised of Fast Start Training, Basic Leader Training, and Leader Specific Training.
- Boy Scouts of America Historical Highlights Key accomplishments in Scouting and by famous Scouts.
- Patrol Leaders' Council article is now complete with good information on Boy-Led troops
- Scout Sunday worship service, bulletin, and other ideas. Also includes Scout Sabbath.
- Doctorate of Commissioner Science Award can be earned by commissioners who provide exemplary service for at least five years.
- Wood Badge tells why you should go to Wood Badge. Lots of great links including the sheet music for: "Back to Gilwell."
- BSA Ready & Prepared Award requirements and links
- Roundtable - what it is and why you should go.
- Webelos Transition tools you need to help you Webelos Bridger into a troop.
- New interactive District Award of Merit Nomination form
- Workbooks and Forms category created.
- Hiking - Music - Electricity - Archery Merit Badge Workbook expanded.
2009 Boy Scout Requirement Changes: The requirements for the following Merit Badges have changed:
|Archery||Architecture||Automotive Maintenance||Cinematography||Coin Collecting|
|Collections||Drafting||Emergency Preparedness||Engineering||Farm Mechanics|
|Indian Lore||Insect Study||Landscape Architecture||Lifesaving||Motorboating|
New Eagle Resources: