Mile Swim BSA
|Mile Swim BSA is not a merit badge.|
|Mile Swim BSA|
The Mile Swim BSA Award is offered by many Boy Scout Summer Camps as a part of their aquatics program. The patch is not worn on the uniform. It is an aquatic insignia and can be worn on swim trunks. It can also be worn on a jacket or patch vest or placed on blankets, backpacks, or other personal equipment.
Mile Swim BSA award is required for the National Outdoor Badge for Aquatics.
Mile Swim BSA award requirements
- 1-4: Swimming
- Your handbook is your primary reference. See Swimming Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: Swimming & Lifesaving Merit Badge Pamphlets - Guide to Safe Scouting - Safe Swim Defense - Safety Afloat
- Unlike most merit badges or other awards, there is no limit to the amount of times a Scout or Scouter may earn this award.
- Be sure you have the proper physical fitness and ability levels before attempting the swim. It is highly advised to complete the Swimming merit badge before attempting the Mile Swim Award.
- Safe Swim Defense
- Classification of Swimming Ability
- Swimming Area
- Water Clarity
- Pool and Surf Swimming