Complete basic training and the following projects:
- Visit each assigned unit eight or more times throughout the year.
- Fill in and follow up on Unit Commissioner Work Sheets or self-assessment forms for each assigned unit.
- Conduct membership and leadership inventories in each assigned unit.
- Attend six district commissioner staff meetings and provide the training topic for one meeting.
- Participate in a charter renewal meeting that results in on-time unit reregistration.
- Participate in a charter presentation.
- Attend a council commissioner conference or planning conference, or actively participate in a major council event.
- Help a unit resolve a specific problem or improve some aspect of their unit operations.
District/Assistant District Commissioner
- Work with your district executive to evaluate all commissioners you supervise.
- Achieve a ratio of one unit commissioner for every three units in the district or service area.
- Develop and put into action a suitable recruiting plan.
- Chair or take part actively in six district commissioner staff meetings.
- Attend six district committee meetings (not required for assistants).
- Attend a council commissioner conference or planning conference with a majority of your staff.
- Provide personal coaching for the commissioners you supervise.
- Develop and implement a plan to track and hold your unit commissioners accountable for monthly unit visits.
- Review all current material in the Venturing Roundtable Guide, current Boy Scout Roundtable Planning Guide, current Cub Scout Roundtable Planning Guide, or the current Varsity Scout Roundtable Guide.
- Review all material in the Troop Program Features, Cub Scout Program Helps, Varsity Scout Game Plan, or Venturing Leader Manual.
- Recruit a Roundtable staff.
- Lead staff in preparing a 1-year roundtable outline.
- Supervise the staff in conducting these roundtables.
- With the district commissioner and district executive, develop and use an attendance promotion plan.
- Attend a council commissioner conference, roundtable, or planning conference.