Template:Citizenship in the Home/req
- Discuss with your parents (or guardians) and your merit badge counselor:
- (a) The meaning if citizenship
- (b) The importance of your home in your training for citizrnship.
- Submit a statement from your parents (or guardians) as evidence that you practice good citizenship at home by being courteous, fair and helpful to other members of your family.
- Prepare a list of your regular home duties or chores (at least five) and, for at least 1 month, keep a record of how often you do them.
- Discuss with your family the rights and obligations you have in a democracy as compared with those under a dictatorship.
- Do the following:
- (a) Make a health and safety checkup of your home and help your family correct as many hazards as possible.
- (b) Work out with your family a plan of escape in case of fire in your home.
- (c) Tell how to get help in case of accident, illness, fire, and other emergencies in your home.
- Do at least one major Good Turn for your home (not simply routine duties).
- Make a budget and keep a record of your own income and expenses for 2 months.
- Submit a report on a family group activity which you helped to plan, prepare for, and carry out.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Boy Scout Requirements, 1969 Edition