- Prune a fruit tree and explain why such a pruning was done.
- Make a plan for planting a 2-acre fuit orchard.
- Prepare and demonstrate how to use the following apple or other fruit tree sprays:
- (a) dormant spray
- (b) bud spray
- (c) calyx spray
- Demonstrate how to grade and pack two kinds of fruit.
- Explain requirements for planting and management of two kinds of small fruit.
- Bud or graft two fruit trees.
- Demonstrate the propagation of grapes, strawberries and raspberries, and explain when and how to plant.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Handbook for Boys, 1948 Edition