Template:Leave No Trace Award (Boy Scouts and Venturers)/req
Boy Scouts and Venturers
- Recite and explain in your own words the principles of Leave No Trace, and discuss how an ethical guideline differs from a rule.
- On three separate camping trips with your troop or team, demonstrate and practice the Leave No Trace skills appropriate to the trip.
- Earn the Camping and Environmental Science merit badges.
- Participate in a Leave No Trace-related service project that reduces or rehabilitates recreational impacts. Discuss with your troop or team which recreational impacts were involved with the project.
- Give a 10-minute presentation on a Leave No Trace topic approved by your unit leader to a Scouting unit or other interested group.
- Teach a Leave No Trace-related skill to a Scouting unit or other interested group.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Boy Scout Requirements, 2014 Edition (BSA Supply No. 33216 - SKU# 619576)
Scouters and Venturing Leaders
- Recite and explain the principles of Leave No Trace.
- On three separate camping/backpacking trips demonstrate and practice the principles of Leave No Trace.
- Share with another Scouter or Venturing leader your understanding and knowledge of the Camping and Environmental Science merit badge pamphlets.
- Actively assist (training, advice, and general supervision) a Scout in planning, organizing, and leading a service project related to Leave No Trace.
- Assist a minimum of three Scouts in earning the Leave No Trace Awareness Award.
- Plan and conduct a Leave No Trace awareness for Scouts, Venturers, Scouters, or an interested group outside Scouting.
Source: The Principles of Leave No Trace for Outdoor Adventures (21-105)