Activity Badge Counselor
|Activity Badge Counselor|
The activity badge counselor may be an adult family member of a Webelos Scout, a pack leader, a teacher, a coach, or another adult qualified to teach one or more activity badges to Webelos Scouts. This is usually a temporary position and is not a registered BSA position.
The activity badge counselor's responsibilities are to:
- Provide activity badge instruction at Webelos den meetings, as requested by the Webelos den leader. This could include, for instance, providing resources and instruction on model building, leading field trips, or providing instruction and help on collections and specimens, depending on the activity badge requirements. The service usually extends over three or four den meetings for each badge.
- Be familiar with the Webelos Scout Book in presenting activity badge information and approving requirements.
- Help Webelos Scouts gain self-confidence in completing projects and in dealing with adults.
- Follow the Webelos den time schedule for activity badge instruction.
- Help recruit other activity badge counselors.