and cross-references for related Cub Scout belt loops & pins and Cub Scout awards.
| This is the Aquanaut Activity Badge for Webelos Scouts.|
Cub Scouts & Webelos Scouts can also earn the Swimming Belt Loop and Pin.
Aquanaut is preparing you for the Boy Scout Swimming Merit Badge.
The Webelos Aquanaut Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
The Aquanaut Activity Badge teaches swimming skills and basic water and boat safety.
And do three of these:
| A FREE workbook for Aquanaut is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- The Webelos Program uses the Fast Tracks Den Meeting plans to offer all 20 Webelos Activity Badges in as little as 12 months.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
1. How to Swim
2. Stay in the water after the swim and float on your back and your front, and demonstrate survival floating.
3. Put on a personal floatation device (PFD) that is the right size for you. Make sure it is properly fastened. Wearing the PFD, jump into water over your head. Show how the PFD keeps your head above water by swimming 25 feet. Get out of the water, remove the PFD, and hang it where it will dry.
4. Swimming Underwater
5. Reach, Throw, Row, Go (with animated graphics at the bottom of the page)
7. BSA Swim Test - Sidestroke - Breaststroke - [http://www.expertvillage.com/video/151557_swim-trudgen-stroke.htm Trudgeon - Freestyle (Front Crawl) - Backstroke - Float - Teaching kids to float
8. Cub Scout Swimming belt loop
- General Resources
- Your handbook is your primary reference. See Swimming Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: Swimming & Lifesaving Merit Badge Pamphlets - Guide to Safe Scouting - Safe Swim Defense - Safety Afloat
- CubRoundtable: Aquanaut 44 page reference guide - KISMIF: Aquanaut Links
- Requirements 1 & 2 are similar to First Class Requirement 9b
- Requirement 5 is similar to Second Class Requirement 7c & First Class Requirement 9c
- Requirement 7 is similar to Second Class Requirement 7b
- Aquatic Awards Links
Sports and Fitness Awards
|Webelos Den Leader portal|