and cross-references for related Cub Scout belt loops & pins and Cub Scout awards.
| This is the Artist Activity Badge for Webelos Scouts.|
Cub Scouts & Webelos Scouts can also earn the Art Belt Loop and Pin.
Boy Scouts can earn the Art Merit Badge.
Venturers can earn the Arts and Hobbies Bronze Award.
The Webelos Artist Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
And do five of these:
| A FREE workbook for Artist is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- The Webelos Program uses the Fast Tracks Den Meeting plans to offer all 20 Webelos Activity Badges in as little as 12 months.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
1. Art Careers p. 102
2. Scrapbooking p. 103
3. Original picture out-of-doors - pp. 104-9 Frame the picture - p. 112
- ExpertVillage.com Lesson Videos: - Drawing with Charcoal - Introduction to Acrylics - Paint with Acrylics - Introduction to Watercolors - Watercolor Painting - How to Draw with Pastels - How to Draw - Online Drawing lessons - Frame Without Frames
4. Primary and Secondary Colors - pp. 110-1
- National Gallery of Art: SwatchBox - is a tool for mixing and drawing with millions of colors.
- Color Wheel - Label the color wheel, labeling and coloring the primary, secondary, and tertiary colors.
5. Computer designs - p. 113
- National Gallery of Art: JUNGLE - Create an interactive imaginary landscape online
- National Gallery of Art: Flow - is a motion painting machine.
- National Gallery of Art: PixelFace - is an interactive portrait maker and drawing board.
- National Gallery of Art: PaintBox - Choose a background image or start with a blank slate, then draw something.
- Complete the Picture - Practice drawing using part of a picture from a magazine.
- Postal Stamp Activity - Make your own postal stamp to honor a person, commemorate an event, or remember a favorite place or thing.
7. Use clay to sculpt a simple object. pp. 114-6
8. Make a Mobile pp. 117-8
9. Make an art construction, using your choice of materials - pp. 119-20
- Decorate a Pinewood Derby car, Space Derby Rocket, etc.
10. Create a Collage - pp. 120-121
|— Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide #34299B, p.4 and Cub Scout Leader Book, p. 31-1.|
- General Resources
- CubRoundtable: Artist 28 page reference guide
- KISMIF: Artist Links
- Bill Smith's Webelos Leader Resources: Artist
- Webelos Roundtable Packet: Artist
- Artist requirement 1, 3, & 4 is preparing you for Art Merit Badge.
- Artist requirement 5 is preparing you for Computers Merit Badge requriement 6d.
- Artist requirement 7 is preparing you for Sculpture Merit Badge.
- Art Awards Links
- Hobby Awards
|Webelos Den Leader portal|
- ExpertVillage.com Lesson Videos