| Assistant Cubmaster
Every pack should have at least one Assistant Cubmaster. In most packs, two or three will be helpful, allowing the Cubmaster to divide responsibilities. At least one assistant Cubmaster should be able to replace the Cubmaster's position in case of an emergency. The assistant Cubmaster is recommended by the Cubmaster, approved by the pack committee and chartered organization, and registered as an adult leader of the BSA.
An assistant Cubmaster's responsibilities (as designated by the Cubmaster) are to:
- Help the Cubmaster as needed. Be ready to fill in for the Cubmaster, if necessary.
- Complete Cubmaster Fast Start Training and position-specific Basic Leader Training. Attend monthly roundtables.
- Participate in Pack Meetings.
- Supervise Den Chiefs and see that they are trained.
- Conduct the monthly den chief planning meeting for all Den Leaders, Assistant Den Leaders, and den chiefs to plan and coordinate weekly den meetings and pack meeting participation.
- Work with neighborhood troops that supply den chiefs and into which Webelos Scouts may graduate.
- Help inform pack leaders of training opportunities and arrange for them to attend training sessions.
- Work with the Pack Committee to develop and promote an ongoing plan for recruiting new boys.
- Work with the Cubmaster and pack committee on pack reregistration.
- Help with pack activities, such as dinners, derbies, bike safety workshops, service projects, etc.
- Work with the pack committee on outings to see that the pack and dens qualify for the National Summertime Pack Award.
- Participate in the annual pack program planning conference and pack leaders' meetings.
- Promote the Religious Emblems program.
- Support the policies of the BSA.
- Is at least 18 years old, subscribes to the Declaration of Religious Principle, and agrees to abide by the Scout Oath or Promise and the Scout Law. Possesses the moral, educational, and emotional qualities that the Boy Scouts of America deems necessary to afford positive leadership to youth.
MeritBadge.Org is your online Scouting University with everything from Getting Started to Bridging:
- Nameplates - Official BSA Name plates for your uniforms.
See the Cub Scout Leader Resources for the Pack Organization Chart and much more.