|Line 1:||Line 1:|
<center><big>MeritBadge.Org the '''Basketry''' [[Merit Badge ]], links, and other [[Boy Scout]]<br> requirement resources you need. Cross-references are provided for related [[Merit Badge]]s and [[Scout Awards]]
Revision as of 20:41, January 8, 2009
requirement resources you need. Cross-references are provided for related Merit Badges and Scout Awards.
Basketry is a popular and fun Merit badges and is great for a new Scout.
|Basketry merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:||027|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2008|
- While Basketry is fun, it also teaches patience and the importance of reading the directions before you start.
- Note that in 2004, a third basket was added to the requirements. Allow 10-20 hours to complete the three baskets.
- Basketry may now be difficult to complete during summer camp. Consider starting the baskets ahead of time.
- 3a. Save the more difficult square basket for last. Buy a larger kit like the BSA Square Basket so you have more room to work.
- 3b. The Round basket is easier for many than the square basket. Still consider the larger BSA Round Basket kit.
- 3c. Camp Stool: Leave a gap between the reeds the thickness of two reeds so that you will have room for the cross-pieces.
- Consider the BSA Campstool Seat kit.
- Do It Yourself Bastetry Topics - Basket Weaving - Weaving Tips - Basketry
- Basketry kits for each project are available at your local Scout Shop or online at ScoutStuff.org and other sites such as County Seat.
3a. Save the more difficult square basket for last. The Larger BSA Square Basket Kit is easier than the small one.
3b. The Round basket is easier for many than the square basket. Still consider theBSA Large Round Basket Kit
3c. BSA Campstool Seat Kit
- Note: Leave a gap between the campstool reeds the thickness of three reeds so that you will have room for the cross-pieces.
- The 301 Rush kit can be used for the campstool requirement but costs about twice as much as the BSA Campstool Seat.
Art Awards Links - (Basketry is an applied art)
|General Merit Badge information