|Basketry merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2003|
Merit badge requirements
- 1. Describe precautions you should take to safely use basketry tools and materials.
- 2. Do the following:
- a. Show your counselor that you are able to identify each of the following types of baskets: plaited, coiled, ribbed, and wicker.
- b. Describe three different types of weaves to your counselor.
- 3. Plan and weave each of the following projects:
- a. a square basket;
- b. a round basket; and
- c. a campstool seat.
Source: 2007 Boy Scout Requirements (33215)
| A FREE workbook for Basketry is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
Help with these requirements
- Basketry Worksheet → Other Merit Badge Worksheets
- Bastery kits for each project are available at your local Scout Shop or online at [http://www.scoutstuff.org/ ScoutStuff.org) and other sites.
- Free patterns are at: *.
- The 301 Rush kit can be used for the campstool requirement.