|Cub Scout Bobcat Rank|
The Bobcat Tracks
To earn the Bobcat badge the boy must complete these eight tracks of Akela:
1. Learn and say the Cub Scout Promise and complete the Honesty Character Connection.
- The Cub Scout Promise
- I ____(name)____ promise to do my best
- To do my duty to God and my country,
- To help other people, and
- To obey the Law of the Pack.
- The Honesty Character Connection
- Know: Discuss these questions with your family. What is a promise? What does it mean to "keep your word?" What does honesty mean? What does it mean to "do your best?"
- Commit: Discuss these questions with your family. Why is a promise important? Why is it important for people to trust you when you give your word? When might it be difficult to keep your word? List examples.
- Practice: Discuss with family members why it is important to be trustworthy and honest and how can you do your best to be honest when you are doing the activities in Cub Scouting.
2. Say the Law of the Pack. Tell what it means.
- The Cub Scout follows Akela.
- The Cub Scout helps the pack go.
- The pack helps the Cub Scout Grow.
- The Cub Scout gives goodwill.
3. Tell what Webelos means.
- WE'll BE LOyal Scouts
4. Show the Cub Scout sign. Tell what it means.
5. Show the Cub Scout handshake. Tell what it means.
6. Say the Cub Scout motto. A motto is a guiding principle.
- Do Your Best.
7. Give the Cub Scout salute. Tell what it means.
8. With your adult partner, complete the exercises in the parent's guide, "How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse."
|New Leader Brochures:|
|Applications & Reports:|
|Medical Exam Forms:||Annual Health and Medical Record 34605||Age-Appropriate Guidelines|