- Give a brief history of the bugle.
- Do the following:
- a. Explain and demonstrate how the bugle makes sound, and explain how the bugle is related to other brass wind instruments.
- b. Compose a bugle call for your troop or patrol to signal a common group activity, such as assembling for mealtime or striking a campsite.
- Sound the following bugle calls: "First call", "Reveille", "Assembly", "Mess", "Drill", "Fatigue", "Officers", "Recall", "Church", "Swimming", "Fire", "Retreat", "To the Colors", "Call to Quarters", and "Taps"
- Explain when each of the calls in requirement 3 is used.
- Explain how to care for, clean, and maintain a bugle.
- Serve as bugler in your troop for three months. *
- * NOTE: A bugle, trumpet, or cornet may be used to meet these requirements.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Boy Scout Requirements, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply No. 33216 - SKU# 620714)
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.