|Bugling merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2003|
Merit badge requirements
- 1. Give a brief history of the bugle.
- 2. Do the following:
- a. Explain and demonstrate how the bugle makes sound, and explain how the bugle is related to other brass wind instruments.
- b. Compose a bugle call for your troop or patrol to signal a common group activity, such as assembling for mealtime or striking a campsite.
- 3. Sound the following bugle calls: "First Call," "Reveille," "Assembly," "Mess," "Drill," "Fatigue," "Officers," "Recall," "Church," "Swimming," "Fire," "Retreat," "To the Colors," "Call to Quarters," and "Taps."
- 4. Explain when each of the calls in requirement 3 is used.
- 5. Explain how to care for, clean, and maintain a bugle.
- 6. Serve as bugler in your troop for three months. *
- NOTE: A bugle, trumpet, or cornet may be used to meet these requirements.
Source: 2007 Boy Scout Requirements (33215)
| A FREE workbook for Bugling is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.