(Difference between revisions)
(tweaking header to work right with search engine 'Descriptions")
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
<center><big>Camping[[Merit Badge Worksheet]], lesson video links, links, and -references related [[Merit ]] and [[ScoutAwards]].<br>
[[Camping]] is popular and fun and required for [[Eagle Scout]].
[[Camping]] is popular and fun and required for [[Eagle Scout]]. lesson video links.</big></center><br>
Revision as of 18:22, January 9, 2009
lesson video links, links, and cross-references to related Merit Badges and Boy Scout Awards.
Camping is popular and fun and required for Eagle Scout. Check out the lesson video links.
|Camping merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:||001|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2008|
- Camping merit badge is on the Eagle Scout required list (requirement 3.k.).
- 1: First Aid
- Your handbook is your primary reference. See First Aid Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: First Aid Merit Badge Pamphlet - First Aid Kit - Emergency Kit - Guide to Safe Scouting - Physcial
- 2-7: Camping Basics
- Your handbook is your primary reference. See Outdoor Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: Camping Merit Badge Pamphlet - Hiking Skills - Hydration - Outdoor Gear - Tents - Water Purification - Weather Skills
- 2. Leave No Trace - Outdoor Code
- 5d. Camping Essentials
- 6a. Types of Tents
- 6b. Water Treatment Basics
- 6c. How to Choose the Right Campsite
- 6d. Internal Frame vs External Frame
- 6d. The Difference between Internal- and External-frame backpacks
- 6e. Types of Sleeping Bags
- 8. Cooking
- The Boy Scout Handbook is the primary reference. See Cooking Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: Cooking Merit Badge Pamphlet - Food Pyramid - Meal Planning - Recipes - Food Handling - Dutch Oven Cooking
- 9a. Hiking
- Planning - Footwear - Blisters - Gear - Cold Weather - Warm Weather :
- Hiking Links: Leave No Trace - Essentials - Amer. Hiking Soc.: Safety - Food - Cold - Myths - Footwear -
- REI: Compass - Day Hike - Food - Hydration - Insects - Layering - Lightweight - Navigation - Rain - Socks - Sun - Hot/Cold
- 9b. Backpacking
- Outdoor Skills Awards
|General Merit Badge information