| Varsity Team Captain
The Varsity Team Captain is the youth head of the Varsity Scout team. All other youth positions report to him, directly or indirectly. He is elected by the team's youth members as a whole, usually to serve a 6- or 12-month term.
The Varsity Team Captain seeks out and relies on the guidance of the Team Coach. He maintains a positive attitude and encourages others to fulfill their commitments to the team. He strives to be a team builder and recognizes the strengths and weaknesses of each team member.
- Conducts team meetings under the guidance of the Team Coach.
- Presides at Team Leadership meetings and works with the Team Coach to develop team and activity agendas.
- Select and appoints Program Managers and other positions of responsibilities with the approval of the Team Coach. He may serve as primary program manager over any field of emphasis.
- Coordinate activities with the program managers.
- Conduct the annual Program Planning Clinic.
- Set a good example of the ideals of Scouting.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit.
- Implement a balanced Denali Award program with the five fields of emphasis.
- Set requirements and presents at courts of honor for Varsity Scout Activity Pins.
- Conduct or oversee conducting of the Varsity Scout courts of honor.
- Ensure at least one high adventure Big Event experience each year.
- Actively assist team members to earn and receive Eagle Scout Rank, Varsity Scout Letter and Varsity Scout letter bars.