|| Carpentry is a discontinued merit badge. However, in honor of the BSA’s 100th Anniversary, Carpentry has been named to the BSA’s new Historical Merit Badge Program and can be earned by scouts from January 1, 2010 until December 31, 2010.
|Carpentry merit badge
|| 1911, 2010
| BSA Advancement ID:
| Requirements revision:
| Latest pamphlet revision:
Merit badge requirements
- 1. Demonstrate the use of the rule, square, level, plumb-line, mitre, chalk-line and bevel.
- 2. Demonstrate the proper way to drive, set, and clinch a nail, draw a spike with a claw-hammer, and to join two pieces of wood with screws.
- 3. Show correct use of the cross-cut saw and of the rip-saw.
- 4. Show how to plane the edge, end and the broad surface of a board.
- 5. Demonstrate how to lay shingles.
- 6. Make a simple article of furniture for practical use in the home or on the home grounds, finished in a workmanlike manner, all work to be done without assistance.