Carpentry (Centennial merit badge)
| Carpentry (Centennial merit badge) merit badge has been discontinued. (See discontinued merit badges.)|
|Carpentry "Centennial" merit badge|
|Released:||2010||BSA Advancement ID:|
The Carpentrymerit badge was one of the original 57 merit badges issued by the Boy Scouts of America in 1911; it was discontinued in 1952. It was re-released, for 2010 only, for the Boy Scouts of America's "Centennial" celebration.
Carpentry (Centennial merit badge) requirements for 2010 only
6. Knock-Off Wood Free, easy-to-understand graphic and text plans, categorized by cost and difficulty level.
BSA Merit Badge Resources
- Woodwork Merit Badge has many project ideas as well:
2010 Historic merit badge program resources
|Merit Badge||MeritBadge.Org||USScouts.Org||Scouting.Org (BSA)|
|Carpentry||Workbook||Workbook||MB web page||"2010" MB packet||"Historical" MB pamphlet|
|Pathfinding||Workbook||Workbook||MB web page||"2010" MB packet||"Historical" MB pamphlet|
|Signaling||Workbook||Workbook||MB web page||"2010" MB packet||"Historical" MB pamphlet|
|Tracking||Workbook||Workbook||MB web page||"2010" MB packet||"Historical" MB pamphlet|
The basics of the 2010 Historic Merit Badge Program include:
- "The effective date for earning these new merit badges is April 1, 2010, and requirements must be completed no later than Dec. 31, 2010." — 2010 Historical MB Program
- "The contemporary merit badges closely resemble the original designs of their counterparts with the exception of the border, which is gold." — 2010 Historical MB Program
- The BSA Supply Division will not print (new) or re-print (old) pamphlets for these merit badges – official BSA materials for these merit badges will be available only in electronic format at Scouting.Org. (We have provided you those links, above).