|Varsity Team Cocaptain|
The Varsity Team Cocaptain is the second highest-ranking youth leader in the Varsity Scout team. Cocaptains are equivalent to the Assistant Senior Patrol Leader (ASPL) in a Boy Scout troop, but unlike an ASPL does not have any positions reporting directly to him. At the discretion of the Team Coach, one or more cocaptains are either appointed by the coach or elected by the youth team members. He stands in place of the captain during the absence or when called upon, and can function as a Program Manager for any field of emphasis.
The Varsity Team Cocaptain is the second highest-ranking youth leader in the Varsity Scout team. Reports to the captain, and stands in place of the captain in the event of his absence or when called upon. One or more cocaptains may be appointed (by the coach) or elected by the team's youth members as a whole, usually to serve a 6- or 12-month term.
He maintains a positive attitude and encourages others to fulfill their commitments to the team. He strives to be a team builder and recognizes the strengths and weaknesses of each team member.
- Conducts team meetings in the absence of the captain.
- Under the guidance of the captain, he may serve as primary program manager over any field of emphasis.
- Set a good example of the ideals of Scouting.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit.
- Assists the captain in implementing a balanced Denali Award program with the five fields of emphasis.
- Actively assist team members to earn and receive Eagle Scout Rank, Varsity Scout Letter and Varsity Scout letter bars.
The Cocaptain is the second-highest youth leader in its unit. Other second youth leaders are:
- Assistant Denner - Cub Scouting
- Assistant Senior Patrol Leader - Boy Scouting
- Cocaptain - Varsity Scouting
- Vice President - Administration - Venturing
- Vice President - Program - Venturing
- Boatswain's Mate - Sea Scouting
- Administrative Vice President - Exploring
- Program Vice President - Exploring
|Varsity Scout portal|