The Webelos Communicator Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
Do seven of these:
- Play the Body Language Game with your den.
- Prepare and give a three-minute talk to your den on a subject of your choice.
- Invent a sign language or a picture writing language and use it to tell someone a story.
- Identify and discuss with your den as many different methods of communication as you can (at least six different methods).
- Invent your own den secret code and send one of your den members a secret message.
- With your den or your family, visit a library and talk to a librarian. Learn how books are catalogued to make them easy to find. Sign up for a library card, if you don't already have one.
- Visit the newsroom of a newspaper or a radio or television station and find out how they receive information.
- Write an article about a den activity for your pack newsletter or Web site, your local newspaper, or your school newsletter, newspaper, or Web site.
- Invite a person with a visual, speaking, or hearing impairment to visit your den. Ask bout the special ways he or she communicates. Discover how well you can communicate with him or her.
- With your parent or guardian or your Webelos den leader, invite a person who speaks another language (such as Spanish, French, Arabic, Hebrew, etc.) as well as English to visit your den. Ask questions about the other language (its background, where it is spoken, etc.), discuss words in that language that den members are already familiar with, or ask about ways to learn another language.
- Use a personal computer to write a letter to a friend or relative. Create your letter, check it for grammar and spelling, and save it to a disk. Print it.
- Under the supervision of a parent or other trusted adult, search the Internet and connect to five Web sites that interest you.
- Under the supervision of a parent or other trusted adult, exchange e-mail with a friend or relative.
- While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Academics belt loop for Computers.
- While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Academics belt loop for Communicating.
- Find out about jobs in communications. Tell your den what you learn.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Wolf Handbook, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #620714)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Communicator is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- ExpertVillage Lessons on Giving a Speech (Videos)
- Public Speaking Tips (Videos)
- Outlook Email (Videos)