Crew Committee Chairman
|Crew Committee Chairman|
The Crew Committee Chairman is appointed by the chartered organization and registered as an adult leader of the BSA. The crew committee chairman appoints and supervises the crew committee and crew leaders.
- Organize the committee to see that all functions are delegated, coordinated and completed.
- Maintain a close relationship with the chartered organization representative and the Advisor.
- See that unit leaders and committee members have training opportunities.
- Interpret national and local policies to the unit.
- Work closely with the Advisor in preparing Crew Committee meeting agendas.
- Call, preside over, and promote attendance at monthly unit committee meetings and any special meetings that may be called.
- Ensure unit representation at monthly Venturing roundtables.
- Helps secure top-notch, trained consultants for the crew program.
- Arrange for charter review and recharter annually.
- Plan the charter presentation program.