(→Responsibilities: special crew officer)
|Line 52:||Line 52:|
Revision as of 08:36, December 5, 2008
|Serving as Crew Historian can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirementss for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
The Crew Historian is a special crew officer that collects and preserves memorabilia, press releases, photo, and and other data of historical significance to the crew.
- Collect and preserves memorabilia, press releases, photo, and and other data of historical significance to the crew.
- Maintain information about crew activities and members
- Set a good example.
- Wear the uniform appropriate to the Venturing crew.
- Learn and live by the Venturing Oath and the Venturing Code.
- Approach Venturing in the spirit of fun, and seeks to reflect this spirit while preserving the crew's history.
As a special crew officer:
- Foster and develop an environment within the crew that has a true sense of community, that encourages growth and responsibility to one another.
- Work in a spirit of partnership with the Crew Advisor.
- Assist in developing a program of activities for the crew help carry them out.
- Uphold the standards and policies of the chartered organization and the Boy Scouts of America.
- Ensure that activities are conducted within BSA safety guidelines and requirements.
- Cultivate the capacity to enjoy life - have fun and explore while leading.
- The Crew Code and Bylaws of the Venturing crew may stipulate that this position is elected by the crew, or is appointed by the Advisor or President.
- To apply Crew Historian as an Eagle position of responsibility, the Venturer must have earned Life Rank after January 1, 2007.
The Crew Historian is the youth historian leader in its unit. Other youth historian leaders are:
- Positions of Responsibility
- Venturing Gold Award
- Venturing Silver Award
- Star Rank
- Life Rank
- Eagle Scout Rank