|Serving as Crew Treasurer can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirementss for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
The Crew Treasurer serves as the youth financial officer of the crew, he or she is elected by the youth members, and is responsible for keeping accurate records of the income and expenditures of the crew's funds.
The Crew Treasurer is elected by the youth members and is the youth financial officer of the crew. He or she collects, deposits, and accounts for all money coming to the crew from dues, money-earning projects, or other sources. Records are reviewed at crew officer's meeting and officer's meeting of the status of the crew's budget.
The treasurer sets crew budgets by estimating income and expenses based on the activity calendar and is reviewed by the crew officers, activity chairs and the Advisor. All expenditures are approved by crew officers and the Advisor. Crew members should approve large amounts. The treasurer may be assisted by the crew committee treasurer to set up bookkeeping procedures, bank accounts, money-handling methods and as act as auditor to the crew treasurer.
- Serves as the financial officer and, in that position, maintains financial records and monitors the crew budget.
- Collects and disburses crew funds.
- Communicates with the officers and members on a regular basis to keep them informed about the crew's finances.
- Sets an example by following the rules of the crew.
- Wear the uniform appropriate to the Venturing crew.
- Learn and live by the Venturing Oath and the Venturing Code.
- Approaches Venturing in the spirit of fun, and spreads this spirit in carrying out the treasurer's responsibilities.
As a Crew Officer:
- Foster and develop an environment within the crew that has a true sense of community, that encourages growth and responsibility to one another.
- Work in a spirit of partnership with the Crew Advisor.
- Assist in developing a program of activities for the crew help carry them out.
- Uphold the standards and policies of the chartered organization and the Boy Scouts of America.
- Ensure that activities are conducted within BSA safety guidelines and requirements.
- Cultivate the capacity to enjoy life - have fun and explore while leading.
The Crew Treasurer is the financial youth officer in its unit. Other financial youth officers are:
- Scribe - Boy Scouting
- Team Secretary - Varsity Scouting
- Crew Treasurer - Venturing
- Purser - Sea Scouting
- Post Treasurer - Exploring
- Positions of Responsibility
- Venturing Gold Award
- Venturing Silver Award
- Star Rank
- Life Rank
- Eagle Scout Rank