Crime Prevention Award
- Carry out the activities identified in this Phase I section.
- "Taking Care of Yourself When You Are Alone",
- Boy Scout Handbook, page 375
- "Caring for Younger Children",
- Boy Scout Handbook, page 374
- "The Family Council",
- Boy Scout Handbook, pages 371-373.
- Discuss items on relationships of
- drugs and crime
- gangs and crime
- graffiti and crime
- peers and crime.
- Neighborhood / Community:
- "Know Your Community",
- Boy Scout Handbook, page 341.
- Visit a government agency responsible for crime prevention programs.
- Participate with your family, patrol, crew, team, troop, or friends in a crime prevention project, either an original project or a project of a neighborhood- or community-based organization. (Before beginning the project, have the unit leader approve your choice.)