Cub Scout Art
(→Related achievements, electives, or other awards)
Revision as of 07:16, March 19, 2008
Belt Loop and Pin
Art Academics Belt Loop
The Cub Scout Art belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Make a list of common materials used to create visual art compositions.
- 2. Demonstrate how six of the following elements of design are used in a drawing: lines, circles, dots, shapes, colors, patterns, textures, space, balance, or perspective.
- 3. Identify the three primary colors and the three secondary colors that can be made by mixing them. Show how this is done using paints or markers. Use the primary and secondary colors to create a painting.
Academics Pin Requirements
Earn the Art belt loop, and complete six of the following requirements:
- 1. Visit an art museum, gallery, or exhibit. Discuss with an adult the art you saw.
- 2. Create two self-portraits using two different art techniques, such as drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, or computer illustration.
- 3. Demonstrate how to make paper. Make a sample at least 4 inches by 4 inches.
- 4. Make a simple silkscreen or stencil. Print a card or T-shirt.
- 5. Create a freestanding sculpture or mobile using wood, metal, soap, papier-mache, or found objects.
- 6. Create an object using clay that can be fired, baked in the oven, or hardened in water.
- 7. Photograph four subjects in one theme, such as landscapes, people, animals, sports, or buildings.
- 8. Make a collage using several different materials.
- 9. Use your artistic skills to create a postage stamp, book cover, or music CD cover.
- 10. Use a computer illustration or painting program to create a work of art.
- 11. Display your artwork in a pack, school, or community art show.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2003 Edition (BSA Supply No. 34299)
- Earning the Cub Scout Art Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is requirement 11 of the Webelos Artist Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Tiger Cub Scout
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Wolf Electives 2b, 2e, & 12
- Bear Cub Scout
- Bear Electives 9 & 10
- Webelos Scout
- Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program