Cub Scout Badminton
Belt Loop and Pin
Badminton Sports Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain the rules of badminton to your leader or adult partner.
- 2. Spend at least 30 minutes practicing badminton skills.
- 3. Participate in a badminton game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Badminton belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Compete in a pack or community badminton tournament.
- 2. Demonstrate your knowledge of the use and care of the equipment needed to play badminton: shuttlecock (shuttle or bird), racket, court, net, and comfortable clothes and shoes.
- 3. Demonstrate skill in the following grip techniques: forehand and backhand.
- 4. Spend at least 60 minutes practicing to develop skills for shots and strokes (clear, drive, drop, and smash). Keep track of your time on a chart.
- 5. Demonstrate skill in the following: hit the shuttle using forehand or backhand; hit the shuttle, alternating forehand and backhand; hit the shuttle against the wall with a forehand or backhand; hit the shuttle against the wall, alternating forehand and backhand.
- 6. Accurately lay out a badminton court, including net and lines.
- 7. Play five games of badminton.
- 8. Participate in a badminton skills development clinic.
- 9. Play at least three games during which you make your own foul calls effectively to your leader's satisfaction.
Webelos Scouts that earn the Badminton Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout also satisfy part of requirement 3 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.