Cub Scout Baseball
Revision as of 15:44, March 19, 2008
Belt Loop and Pin
Baseball Sports Belt Loop
The Cub Scout Baseball belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain the rules of baseball to your leader or adult partner.
- 2. Spend at least 30 minutes practicing baseball skills.
- 3. Participate in a baseball game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Baseball belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Participate in a pack or community baseball tournament.
- 2. Demonstrate skill in two of the following throwing techniques: overhand, sidearm, underhand, and the relay throw.
- 3. Demonstrate skill in two of the following catching techniques: fielding a ground ball, fielding a pop-up, catching a line drive.
- 4. Demonstrate correct pitching techniques.
- 5. Demonstrate correct hitting techniques, including bunting.
- 6. Explain the rules of base running. Explain base coaching signals.
- 7. Demonstrate skill in the following sliding techniques: the straight-in slide, the hook slide, and the headfirst slide.
- 8. Play five games of baseball using standard baseball rules.
- 9. Draw a baseball field to scale or set one up for play.
- 10. Attend a high school, college, or professional baseball game.
- 11. Read a book about a baseball player and give a report about him or her to your den or family.
- Earning the Cub Scout Baseball Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is an option for requirement 3 of the Webelos Sportsman Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Tiger Cub Scout
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Bear Cub Scout
- Webelos Scout
- Webelos Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3
- Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program