Cub Scout Baseball
Revision as of 22:41, February 28, 2008
Belt Loop and Pin
Baseball Sports Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain the rules of baseball to your leader or adult partner.
- 2. Spend at least 30 minutes practicing baseball skills.
- 3. Participate in a baseball game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Baseball belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Participate in a pack or community baseball tournament.
- 2. Demonstrate skill in two of the following throwing techniques: overhand, sidearm, underhand, and the relay throw.
- 3. Demonstrate skill in two of the following catching techniques: fielding a ground ball, fielding a pop-up, catching a line drive.
- 4. Demonstrate correct pitching techniques.
- 5. Demonstrate correct hitting techniques, including bunting.
- 6. Explain the rules of base running. Explain base coaching signals.
- 7. Demonstrate skill in the following sliding techniques: the straight-in slide, the hook slide, and the headfirst slide.
- 8. Play five games of baseball using standard baseball rules.
- 9. Draw a baseball field to scale or set one up for play.
- 10. Attend a high school, college, or professional baseball game.
- 11. Read a book about a baseball player and give a report about him or her to your den or family.
Webelos Scouts that earn the Baseball Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout also satisfy part of requirement 4 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.