Cub Scout Basketball
Revision as of 20:41, February 28, 2008
Belt Loop and Pin
Basketball Sports Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain the rules of basketball to your leader or adult partner.
- 2. Spend at least 30 minutes practicing basketball skills.
- 3. Participate in a basketball game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Basketball belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Compete in a pack or community basketball tournament.
- 2. Demonstrate effective passing using the chest pass, bounce pass, over-the-head pass, and baseball pass.
- 3. Successfully demonstrate the set shot and jump shot shooting styles.
- 4. Demonstrate skill in the following dribbling techniques: high dribble, low dribble, turnable dribble, change-of-pace dribble, and combination dribble.
- 5. Spend at least 30 minutes on three different occasions developing individual defensive skills.
- 6. Explain and demonstrate 10 official basketball signals.
- 7. Play three -shot-improving games with a member of your den or team.
- 8. Play five games of basketball.
- 9. Participate in a basketball clinic.
- 10. Attend a high school, college, or professional basketball game.
Webelos Scouts that earn the Basketball Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout also satisfy part of requirement 4 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.