Cub Scout Basketball
Belt Loop and Pin
Basketball Sports Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of basketball to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing basketball skills.
- Participate in a basketball game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Basketball belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community basketball tournament.
- Demonstrate effective passing using the chest pass, bounce pass, over-the-head pass, and baseball pass.
- Successfully demonstrate the set shot and jump shot shooting styles.
- Demonstrate skill in the following dribbling techniques: high dribble, low dribble, turnable dribble, change-of-pace dribble, and combination dribble.
- Spend at least 30 minutes on three different occasions developing individual defensive skills.
- Explain and demonstrate 10 official basketball signals.
- Play three shot-improving games with a member of your den or team.
- Play five games of basketball.
- Participate in a basketball clinic.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional basketball game.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2016 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #621535)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Cub Scout Basketball is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- Earning the Cub Scout Basketball Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is an option for requirement 3 of the Webelos Sportsman Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Achievement 3G could be met by completing Cub Scout Basketball Belt Loop requirement 1 and Cub Scout Basketball Pin requirement 10
- Tiger Cub Electives
- Elective 35 could be met by completing Cub Scout Basketball Belt Loop requirement 3 or Cub Scout Basketball Pin requirement 1
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Wolf Electives
- Elective 20m. and part of 20o. could be met by completing Cub Scout Basketball Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirement 1
- Achievement 15b. could be met while completing Cub Scout Basketball Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirement 1
- Achievement 23a. could be partially met by completing Cub Scout Basketball Belt Loop requirement 1
- Achievement 23c. could be partially met by completing Cub Scout Basketball Belt Loop requirement 3
- Achievement 23e. could be met by completing Cub Scout Basketball Pin requirement 10
- Bear Electives
- Elective 20f. could be met by earning the Cub Scout Basketball Pin
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 4 (earn the Cub Scout Basketball Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)