Cub Scout Bicycling
Belt Loop and Pin
Bicycling Sports Belt Loop
|The Cub Scout Bicycling Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Sportsman activity badge.|
|The Cub Scout Bicycling belt loop and pin help prepare Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout Cycling merit badge.|
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of safe bicycling to your den leader or adult partner.
- Demonstrate how to wear the proper safety equipment for bicycling.
- Show how to ride a bike safely. Ride for at least half an hour with an adult partner, your family, or den.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Bicycling belt loop, and complete requirement 1 below, and so four more of the following requirements:
- Make a chart to record at least 10 hours of bicycling. (Required)
- Participate in a pack, den, or community bike rodeo.
- Demonstrate how to repair a flat tire on a bicycle.
- Make a poster illustrating different types of early bikes and show it to your den.
- Give a demonstration to your den or pack on the proper use of safety equipment and gear.
- With the help of a parent or adult partner, register or reregister your bicycle.
- Go on a "bicycle hike" with your family or den. Obey traffic rules related to bicycling.
- Repair or restore a nonfunctioning bicycle to a safe condition. Include the installation of all proper safety devices.
- Visit a bicycle race or exhibition.
- Help set up a bike rodeo or bike competition for your pack.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2016 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #621535)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Cub Scout Bicycling is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- 2 & 10: Bike Rodeo Info
- 7: A "bicycle hike" is a hike on a bike, typically less than an hour for Cub Scouts.
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Tiger Cub Scout
- Tiger Cub Electives
- Tiger Elective 37. Take a Bike Hike (bike ride) for Cub Scout Bicycling Pin requirement #7.
- Tiger Elective 38. Visit a bicycle shop to learn how to fix a flat tire for Cub Scout Bicycling Pin requriement #3.
- Wolf Cub Scout
- 9e. Bike safety is the same as Cub Scout Bicycling Belt Loop requirement #1.
- 14a. Know the rules for bike safety...register - See Bicycling Belt Loop requirement #1 & Pin #6
- 14b. Learn to ride a bike... - See Bicycling Belt Loop requirement #3
- 14d. Change a tire on a bicycle... - See Bicycling Pin requirement #3
- 14f. Ride a bike for 1 mile... - See Bicycling Pin requirement #7
- 14g. Plan and take a family bike hike. - See Bicycling Pin requirement #7
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3. (earn the Cub Scout Bicycling Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)