Cub Scout Bicycling
|The Cub Scout Bicycling Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Sportsman activity badge.|
|The Cub Scout Bicycling belt loop and pin help prepare Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout Cycling merit badge.|
Belt Loop and Pin
Bicycling Sports Belt Loop
The Cub Scout Bicycling belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
| A FREE workbook for Cub Scout Bicycling is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- 2 & 10: Bike Rodeo Info
- 7: A "bicycle hike" is a hike on a bike, typically less than an hour for Cub Scouts.
- Tiger Cub Scout
- Tiger Cub Electives
- Tiger Elective 37. Take a Bike Hike (bike ride) for Cub Scout Bicycling Pin requirement #7.
- Tiger Elective 38. Visit a bicycle shop to learn how to fix a flat tire for Cub Scout Bicycling Pin requirement #3.
- Wolf Cub Scout
- 9e. Bike safety is the same as Cub Scout Bicycling Belt Loop requirement #1.
- 14a. Know the rules for bike safety...register - See Bicycling Belt Loop requirement #1 & Pin #6
- 14b. Learn to ride a bike... - See Bicycling Belt Loop requirement #3
- 14d. Change a tire on a bicycle... - See Bicycling Pin requirement #3
- 14f. Ride a bike for 1 mile... - See Bicycling Pin requirement #7
- 14g. Plan and take a family bike hike. - See Bicycling Pin requirement #7
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3. (earn the Cub Scout Bicycling Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)
Sports and Fitness Awards
|Cub Scout Leader portal|
|Webelos Den Leader portal|