Cub Scout Bowling
Belt Loop and Pin
Bowling Sports Belt Loop
|The Cub Scout Bowling Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Sportsman activity badge.|
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain to your leader or adult partner the rules of courtesy and safety for bowling.
- Show how to pick out a ball of proper weight and with finger holes that fit your hand.
- Play a complete game with your family or den.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Bowling belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Give a brief history of the sport of bowling.
- Define the following terms: strike, spare, split, miss, and foul. Show their symbols for scoring.
- Demonstrate proper stance, delivery, balance, and follow-through to your leader or adult partner.
- Try different types of delivery and hand positions and see which work best for you.
- Score a complete game using a score sheet and the proper symbols.
- Play at least four games and chart your progress. Figure out your average score.
- Compete in a Scout, family, school, or community bowling tournament.
- Take bowling lessons.
- Attend a parent, high school, college, or professional bowling competition.
- Visit a bowling alley and learn about the care and maintenance of the bowling lanes, pins, and racks.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2016 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #621535)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Cub Scout Bowling is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3. (earn the Cub Scout Bowling Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)