Cub Scout Communicating
Revision as of 07:14, March 19, 2008
Belt Loop and Pin
Communicating Academics Belt Loop
The Cub Scout Communicating belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Tell a story or relate an incident to a group of people, such as your family, den, or members of your class.
- 2. Write a letter to a friend or relative.
- 3. Make a poster about something that interests you. Explain the poster to your den.
Academics Pin Requirements
Earn the Communicating belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Write an original poem or story.
- 2. Keep a journal of daily activities for at least seven days.
- 3. Listen to a news story on television or the radio. Discuss the information with an adult.
- 4. Go to the library. Use the card catalog or computer reference system to find a book, and then check it out.
- 5. Read a book that has been approved by your parent or teacher. Discuss the book with an adult.
- 6. With a friend, develop a skit. Perform it at a Scout meeting, family meeting, or school event.
- 7. Learn the alphabet in sign language. Learn how to sign 10 words.
- 8. With an adult, use the Internet to search for information on a topic of interest to you.
- 9. Watch three television commercials and discuss the information in them with your parent or den leader.
- 10. Read the directions for a new game. Explain to a family member or friend how to play it.
- 11. Learn about "reading" materials for people who have poor vision or who are blind.
- 12. While traveling, make a list of road signs, animals, or license plates that you see.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2003 Edition (BSA Supply No. 34299)
- Earning the Cub Scout Communicating Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is requirement 15 of the Webelos Communicator Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Tiger Cub Scout
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Bear Cub Scout
- Bear Achievements #4, #17, #18
- Webelos Scout
- Webelos Communicator Activity Badge #15
- Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program