Cub Scout Computers
Belt Loop and Pin
Computers Academics Belt Loop
| Cub Scout Computers is an option for the Webelos Communicator Activity Badge|
and helps prepare Scouts for the Boy Scout Computers Merit Badge.
Belt Loop Requirements
- Explain the parts of a personal computer: central processing unit (CPU), monitor, keyboard, mouse, modem, and printer.
- Demonstrate how to start up and shut down a personal computer properly.
- Use your computer to prepare and print a document.
Academics Pin Requirements
Earn the Computers belt loop and complete five of the following requirements:
- Use a computer to prepare a report on a subject of interest to you. Share it with your den.
- Make a list of 20 devices that can be found in the home that use a computer chip to function.
- Use a computer to maintain a balance sheet of your earnings for four weeks.
- Use a spreadsheet program to organize some information.
- Use an illustration, drawing, or painting program to create a picture.
- Use a computer to write a thank-you letter to someone.
- Log on to the Internet. Visit the Boy Scouts of America homepage (http://www.scouting.org).
- Discuss with an adult personal safety rules you should use while using the Internet.
- Practice a new computer game for two weeks. Demonstrate an improvement in your scores.
- Correspond with a friend using e-mail. Have at least five e-mail replies from your friend.
- Visit a local business or government agency that uses a large mainframe computer to handle their business. Be able to explain how computers save them time and money in carrying out their work.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2003 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #637685)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Cub Scout Computers is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- Earning the Cub Scout Computers Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is requirement 14 of the Webelos Communicator Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Wolf Electives
- Wolf Elective 21a. could be met by completing Cub Scout Computers Pin requirement 11
- Wolf Elective 21b. could be met by completing Cub Scout Computers Belt Loop requirement 3 or Cub Scout Computers Pin requirements 1, 3, 4, or 6
- Wolf Elective 21c. could be met by completing Cub Scout Computers Belt Loop requirement 1
- Bear Achievement 17d. could be met by completing Cub Scout Computers Belt Loop requirement #3 or Cub Scout Computers Pin requirements 1 or 4
- Bear Achievement 17e. could be met by completing Cub Scout Computers Belt Loop requirement #3 or Cub Scout Computers Pin requirement 6
- Bear Elective 22c. could be met by completing Cub Scout Computers Pin requirement 4
- Communicator Activity Badge requirement 14. (earn the Cub Scout Computers Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)