| Den Leader Award
Den Leader Award Knot
|Level:||Wolf & Bear Den Leaders|
Recognition awards are available to Cub Scout leaders who complete training, tenure, and performance requirements. These awards are presented by the local council. All of the awards require the completion of Fast Start Training, Basic Leader Training for the position, Youth Protection training, and participation in roundtables or a pow wow or University of Scouting. Some require additional supplemental training. One or two years of registered service in the appropriate position is a requirement for each award, and tenure used for one award may not be used for another.
The Den Leader Award replaced the Den Leader Training Award, which was phased out on December 31, 1988. Initially there was a neck ribbon, but the ribbons were phased out in 2001.
Den Leader Award medal
Cub Scout Den Leader Award requirements
Complete one year as a registered den leader in the position selected. Tiger Cub den leader’s tenure can be the program year as long as it is greater than eight months.
- Complete the basic training for the selected den leader position (in person, instructor-led or e-learning).
- Attend a pow wow or University of Scouting (or equivalent), or attend at least four roundtables (or equivalent) during the tenure used for this award.
Do five of the following during the tenure used for this award:
- Have an assistant den leader who meets regularly with your den.
- Have a den chief who meets regularly with your den.
- Graduate at least 70 percent of your den to the next level.
- Take leadership in planning and conducting a den service project.
- Have a published den meeting/activity schedule for the den’s parents.
- Participate with your den in a Cub Scout day camp or resident camp.
- Complete Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation (BALOO).
- Participate with your den in at least one family camp; if your den is a Webelos den, participate with your den in at least two overnight camps.
- Take leadership in planning two den outdoor activities.
- Hold monthly den meeting and den activity planning sessions with your assistant den leaders.
The text of these requirements may be locked. In that case, they can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.