Cub Scout Den Leader Award
|An award application is available: Cub Scout Den Leader Award|
|Den Leader Award|
Den Leader Award Knot
The Cub Scout Den Leader Award is available to Tiger, Wolf, Bear and Webelos Cub Scout Den Leaders who complete training, tenure, and performance requirements. This award is presented by the local council and requires the completion of Fast Start Training, Basic Leader Training for the position, Youth Protection training, and participation in roundtables or a pow wow or University of Scouting. One year of registered service as a Cub Scout Den Leader is a requirement for the award, and tenure used for one award may not be used for another.
The Den Leader Award replaced the Den Leader Training Award, which was phased out on December 31, 1988. Initially there was a neck ribbon, but the ribbons were phased out in 2001.
Cub Scout Den Leader Award requirements
Do five of the following:
Complete one year as a registered den leader in the position selected. Tiger Cub den leader’s tenure can be the program year as long as it is greater than eight months.
Do five of the following during the tenure used for this award:
|Cub Scout Leader portal|
- Leader Awards: Cub Scout Den Leader Award (Tiger/Wolf/Bear/Webelos), Scouter's Training Award (basically all adult leaders but Den Leaders), Scouter's Key (Cubmaster)
- Nameplates - Official BSA Name plates for your uniforms.
- Boy Scouts of America: Cub Scout Leader Recognition Awards
- Old Progress Record for the Cub Scout Den Leader Award
- New Progress Record for Cub Scout Den Leader Award]