Cub Scout Golf
Belt Loop and Pin
Golf Sports Belt Loop
The Cub Scout Golf belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain the rules of golf to your leader or adult partner. Explain the need for caution concerning golf clubs and golf balls.
- 2. Spend at least 30 minutes practicing golfing skills.
- 3. Participate in a round of golf (nine holes).
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Golf belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Explain the use of woods and irons. Explain their differences.
- 2. Explain how par is determined for a hole.
- 3. Demonstrate the proper grip of the club to your leader, adult partner, or instructor.
- 4. Spend 30 minutes practicing the swing styles: full swing, approach swing, and putting swing.
- 5. Spend 30 minutes practicing aim, stance, and the address position.
- 6. Draw a diagram of a typical golf hole, from tee to green.
- 7. Demonstrate your knowledge of the use and care of golf equipment: clubs, ball, tee, bag, shoes, and gloves.
- 8. Describe the composition of a regulation golf ball.
- 9. Take golf lessons.
- 10 Spend 30 minutes hitting balls on a driving range.
- 11. Play miniature golf.
- Earning the Cub Scout Golf Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is an option for requirement 3 of the Sportsman Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times