|| The Cub Scout Gymnastics Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Sportsman activity badge.
Template:Cub Scout Academics and Sports introduction
Belt Loop and Pin
Gymnastics Sports Belt Loop
Gymnastics Sports Pin(line drawing, actual pins are color)
Cub Scout Gymnastics requirements
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the six events of men's gymnastics: floor exercise, pommel horse, still rings, vaulting / side horse, parallel bars, and horizontal bar.
- Participate in three of the six events using the proper equipment.
- Explain the safety rules you should follow to learn gymnastics.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Gymnastics belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Write a report on the history of gymnastics.
- Take gymnastics lessons.
- Attend a gymnastics meet.
- Practice and demonstrate five floor exercise skills.
- Practice and demonstrate two skills used on the pommel horse.
- Demonstrate two skills on the still rings.
- Demonstrate two skills using parallel bars.
- Demonstrate two skills using the horizontal bar.
- Demonstrate a vault using the side horse.
- Develop a regular routine of physical and mental conditioning.
- Learn about three U.S. gymnasts who have won medals in the Olympics.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #620714)
The text of these requirements may be locked. In that case, they can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
Template:Cub Scout Academics and Sports notes
Template:Cub Scout Academics and Sports Requirement resources
- Webelos Scout
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3. (earn the Cub Scout Gymnastics Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)
Sports and Fitness Awards