Belt Loop and Pin
Heritages Academics Belt Loop
Heritages Academics Pin(line drawing, actual pins are color)
|| The Cub Scout Heritages Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Family Member activity badge.
|| The Cub Scout Heritages belt loop and pin help prepare Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout American Heritage merit badge.
The Cub Scout Heritages belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program.
Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Cub Scout Heritages requirements
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Talk with members of your family about your family heritage: its history, traditions, and culture.
- Make a poster that shows the origins of your ancestors. Share it with your den or other group.
- Draw a family tree showing members of your family for three generations.
Academics Pin Requirements
Earn the Heritages belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack heritage celebration in which Cub Scouts give presentations about their family heritage.
- Attend a family reunion.
- Correspond with a pen pal from another country. Find out how his or her heritage is different from yours.
- Learn 20 words in a language other than your native language.
- Interview a grandparent or other family elder about what it was like when he or she was growing up.
- Work with a parent or adult partner to organize family photographs in a photo album.
- Visit a genealogy library and talk with the librarian about how to trace family records. Variation: Access a genealogy Web site and learn how to use it to find out information about ancestors.
- Make an article of clothing, a toy, or a tool that your ancestors used. Show it to your den.
- Help your parent or adult partner prepare one of your family's traditional food dishes.
- Learn about the origin of your first, middle, or last name.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2003 Edition (BSA Supply No. 34299)
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
- Earning the Cub Scout Heritages Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is requirement 12 of the Webelos Family Member Activity Badge.
- Bear Cub Scout
- 8d. Could be met while completing Cub Scout Heritages Belt Loop requirements 1 or 3 & Pin requirement #5
- Webelos Scout
- Family Member Activity Badge requirement 12. (earn the Cub Scout Heritages Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)