Cub Scout Heritages
Belt Loop and Pin
Heritages Academics Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Talk with members of your family about your family heritage: its history, traditions, and culture.
- 2. Make a poster that shows the origins of your ancestors. Share it with your den or other group.
- 3. Draw a family tree showing members of your family for three generations.
Academics Pin Requirements
Earn the Heritages belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Participate in a pack heritage celebration in which Cub Scouts give presentations about their family heritage.
- 2. Attend a family reunion.
- 3. Correspond with a pen pal from another country. Find out how his or her heritage is different from yours.
- 4. Learn 20 words in a language other than your native language.
- 5. Interview a grandparent or other family elder about what it was like when he or she was growing up.
- 6. Work with a parent or adult partner to organize family photographs in a photo album.
- 7. Visit a genealogy library and talk with the librarian about how to trace family records. Variation: Access a genealogy Web site and learn how to use it to find out information about ancestors.
- 8. Make an article of clothing, a toy, or a tool that your ancestors used. Show it to your den.
- 9. Help your parent or adult partner prepare one of your family's traditional food dishes.
- 10. Learn about the origin of your first, middle, or last name.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2016 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #621535)
- Earning the Cub Scout Heritages Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is requirement 12 of the Webelos Family Member Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Tiger Cub Scout
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Bear Cub Scout
- Webelos Scout
- Webelos Family Member Activity Badge requirement 12
- Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program