Cub Scout Hiking
with cross-references for related Cub Scout Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos requirements.
Belt Loop and Pin
Hiking Sports Belt Loop
The Cub Scout Hiking belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
| A FREE workbook for Cub Scout Hiking is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
1. Hiking Safety Rules
- Always tell someone where you are going and when you will return.
- Never hike alone or at night; always use the buddy system.
- Dress properly for the weather and environment.
- Wear sun and insect protection.
- Take an extra pair of socks in case you need to change.
- Obey traffic signs and signals.
- Avoid hiking along roadways.
- Stay on the trail.
- Be alert to your surroundings.
- Don't litter as you hike.
- Be alert to dangerous animals, insects, and plants. Never touch a wild animal.
- Take 1 pint of water for each hour you will be hiking. Never drink untreated water.
|Cub Scout Leader portal|
|Webelos Den Leader portal|