Cub Scout Hiking
with cross-references for related Cub Scout Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos requirements.
Belt Loop and Pin
Hiking Sports Belt Loop
1. Hiking Safety Rules
- Always tell someone where you are going and when you will return.
- Never hike alone or at night; always use the buddy system.
- Dress properly for the weather and environment.
- Wear sun and insect protection.
- Take an extra pair of socks in case you need to change.
- Obey traffic signs and signals.
- Avoid hiking along roadways.
- Stay on the trail.
- Be alert to your surroundings.
- Don't litter as you hike.
- Be alert to dangerous animals, insects, and plants. Never touch a wild animal.
- Take 1 pint of water for each hour you will be hiking. Never drink untreated water.
|Cub Scout Leader portal|
|Webelos Den Leader portal|